• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

please help me and my cobalt blue

kcaldwel

3 Year Member
I think my T is dying or perhaps even dead. she (i am not actually sure if it is a she) has been extremely active lately - out and about climbing all over her enclosure. eating like a champ. but today when i went to mist her cage she was out and usually runs into her log and she didn't move. she usually attacks the water drops. she is just sitting there. not curling up but not moving - i gave her a gentle poke and got nothing - usually she will jump around and scare the living daylights out of me. nothing. please advise if there is anything i can to do to revive? i have had her for 3 years. i am not sure how old she was when i got her.

kcaldwel

3 Year Member
try this

Attachments

• DSC_5087.JPG
    DSC_5087.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 90

kcaldwel

3 Year Member
so a singapore blue - are they crazier than the cobalt? she is one of the best tarantulas i have ever had - very active - that is why i am so worried.

kcaldwel

3 Year Member
do i need to put her in a taller tank? - she has burrowed and has a log that she typically stays in. i have it really moist on the ground and a log to climb up.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
lampropelma violaceopes are old world so they are considered defensive just like a haplopelma. the number one killer I find for arboreal is poor ventilation combine with to much humidty (soil is to damp) its a slow death. a common sign is perfectly fine one day and look like they are dying the next. I would trying putting her in an ICU with plety of ventilation and hope she pulls through that is the best you can do at this point.

kcaldwel

3 Year Member
what is an icu? separate tank, clean with good ventilation? really appreciate your help - this is really heartbreaking.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
ICU is basically a containter with wet paper towels (not soaking) place inside as a bedding. its mainly use for dehydrated Ts, but sense I suspect its from poor circulation I don't think the paper Towels would be necessary. right now it needs lots of air flow and hopefully the damage has not been down. maybe have a fan flowing near the ICU (but not directed at her if that makes sense) to help. I hope she pulls through

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Definitely a female lampropelma violaceopes. My 8 inch girl is in a 10 gallon upright with 6 inches of sub. They pretty much have he exact same needs as h.livium except the fact that they are arboreal. They still like to dig and are rather reclusive. Has she been eating? Do you keep a water bowl readily available?

Latest posts