• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

please help! - bad molt?

vdithle

hello, i am a first time tarantula owner who currently has a g. pulchra. i have had this tarantula for about 4 months now, and it finally molted. i noticed behavior was getting strange but didn’t think much of it. then, it entered death curl. i put it into a little ICU based on what i found off of youtube, and it barely regained strength. i watched it move a little today- wondering if this is a bad molt and my poor tarantula broke almost all of its limbs, or if something else is going on. please help me.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.MOV
    28.6 MB
  • IMG_1253.MOV
    31.1 MB

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is a stress curl. I would put it in a closet or somewhere in a dark area and leave it be for a couple of days. Also, remove the meal worm as it may be adding to the stress. You can offer it food once it regains strength.

x_raphael_xx

ICUs are generally considered an archaic and incorrect piece of advice. Your T will do better in it's normal environment.
If it's just molted, it shouldn't eat straight away as it's fangs will still be soft.
Sadly slings do tend to die for seemingly no reason. I've had a few pass away, I tend to stick to bigger juveniles now.

Latest posts