• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Plants?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I think you can go with something common and cheap and easy to keep indoors - like a Pothos plant or something. It's non-toxic but I doubt your T will bother with it at all anyway

NudistApple

3 Year Member
I really wanted to do live for my G. rosea, but they are not supposed to have much humidity, and the plant would require watering.
Unless you can find a spineless succulent (maybe aloe vera?) you should probably stick to silks.

And silks can be lovely too!

Donk

3 Year Member
Was going to say silks or plastics maybe your best bet but they are expensive (At least near me they are) I have found tho cake decorating shops or big brand shops Boyes or Wilkinsons for example sell fake plants and they tend to be cheaper.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used to grow pots of grass to put in for my t's it never did them any harm and a rose hair I kept at the time used to lay in it.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not saying it can't be done, but unless your very good with plants it probably shouldn't. Grass in a rose enclosure is far from ideal, as the grass and a rose have different requirements. A lot of plants can create Toxins that are very harmful to Ts and a lot of plants have been sprayed with mild pesticides which are obviously harmful to a T. With silk you won't have thos problems.