• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Plants growing randomly in substrate

spodermin

Just a place to dump photos of those random plants we occasionally see out of nowhere in our spiders enclosures.

NOT for plants intentionally put in enclosures

Attachments

• IMG_20191016_233321.jpg
    IMG_20191016_233321.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
I haven't had any wild enclosure plants so far, but I did know someone once who found a plant growing in their drain. They potted it and it turned out to be a tomato plant. Seemed appropriate for this thread. I also seem to recall there being some random plants growing in my bucket of grass sprouts that I had as a child?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've never had a plant but I had a fungi that grew in one container even though I had the same sub in several containers around it.

DSCF7965[1] (3).JPG

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I've never had a plant but I had a fungi that grew in one container even though I had the same sub in several containers around it.

View attachment 41441

Cutest mushroom I've ever seen! I see eyes and looks like it's wearing a white shirt with a black tie (and no, I haven't been up the mountain eating any weird mushrooms, I'm not hallucinating this... am I?!!)

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
Haha, I agree, that little mushroom is adorable. On its way to a meeting, I think. I can see the eyes and the tie too. Reminds me of a little family that showed up in a plant pot one day.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Haha, I agree, that little mushroom is adorable. On its way to a meeting, I think. I can see the eyes and the tie too. Reminds me of a little family that showed up in a plant pot one day.

I was a bit worried that noone else would see it lol

Latest posts