• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NapTime

So I just got a pinktoe tarantula, and I've heard that the fact sheets online can't be trusted. I know it's arboreal, and I've got a good cage, but I'm not quite sure how hot or humid it should be in there. I've just been spraying anyway. Any advice? Thanks!

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I have three A. Avucularia and I have them at 75-80 deg and 75-80% humidity right now. Just make sure they have good cross air ventilation as the moisture will accelerate mold growth.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I keep all my Avics at room temp...70-75 degrees and I don't worry about humidity. My T room sits at 35-50% humidity on average. Humidity on care sheets is usually the region's average. Avics live in the treetops where theirs lots of airflow and less humidity.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I tend to keep them like Arachnoclown. Big water dish, no spraying. Avics dont do well with humidity if theres not enough cross ventilation. So I give them plenty of vents, and keep fresh water in their dish. Sudden avic death syndrome is most likely caused by too much humidity and not enough ventilation. People in the hobby were killing them like flies by keeping them wrong. Not that im judging. I've killed a few spiders myself..:(

MICHAEL BIRCH

3 Year Member
Always good to have lots of things to anchor Web to since they Web quite a bit. I included a pic of the enclosure I just put together for my C. Versicolor as an example!

Attachments

• 20180709_192329.jpg
    20180709_192329.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Always good to have lots of things to anchor Web to since they Web quite a bit. I included a pic of the enclosure I just put together for my C. Versicolor as an example!
I love everything about your enclosure except the metal screens. Who makes it?

Does your versicolor go down to the ground to drink? This is something I've been wondering about as mine get more size on them.

MICHAEL BIRCH

3 Year Member
I love everything about your enclosure except the metal screens. Who makes it?

Does your versicolor go down to the ground to drink? This is something I've been wondering about as mine get more size on them.
It's made by Dream Co. Plastics. You can get the vent holes lasered in for extra instead of aluminum vents. Mine used to go to the bottom of her old enclosure for drinks. This enclosure is still pretty new to her so she's still not 100% comfortable in it yet.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I tend to keep them like Arachnoclown. Big water dish, no spraying. Avics dont do well with humidity if theres not enough cross ventilation. So I give them plenty of vents, and keep fresh water in their dish. Sudden avic death syndrome is most likely caused by too much humidity and not enough ventilation. People in the hobby were killing them like flies by keeping them wrong. Not that im judging. I've killed a few spiders myself..:(
I've had a couple pass away myself from using Jamie's amac box style enclosures. Since then I haven't lost a single one...you live you learn.

Latest posts