• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink Zebra Beauty T

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
I am doing research on the next T I want to get and I am so stuck and glued on the Pink Zebra Beauty T, I've been reading about them and watching videos and they seem to be another great species for beginners (like myself) how do you all feel about this species? Has anyone ever interacted or owned one? :)

jthorntonwillis

3 Year Member
I have a mature female,and she is very calm and slow. Heck,if she were any more laid back,she would be comatose! Only caveat is they WILL kick hairs,and these can be a problem.i really like the very subtle coloring. Not a pet hole,usually out and about all day.Good display T. :D

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Well over all I feel like they would be a great next T for me, I was one that's out and about all day because I'm already constantly watching my Pink Toe but hes usually hiding in the dark. Haha I'm thinking about getting a spiderling next week:) Super excited!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
PZB are great Spiders, adults rarely hide (all slings do), they're very mild tempered, and very hardy. The only drawback is their growth rate, which is very very slow.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
PZB are great Spiders, adults rarely hide (all slings do), they're very mild tempered, and very hardy. The only drawback is their growth rate, which is very very slow.
Thanks for the response Kenny I have read that their growth rate is slow, I don't mind that. I have always loved these T's their coloring is beautiful! And their temperaments seem good for a beginner like myself. :)

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Get one. They are great. Mine is about 3" now, raised her from a .75" sling over the last two years. She still hides when disturbed, but now sits out in the open regularly. Great eater, very calm, slow, and mine has not kicked hairs yet. My pics do not do her color justice.
May 2011
Ec2%25205-30-11%2520size.jpg

May 2012
2012-05-18_20-21-09_89.jpg

January 2013
20130113_130201.jpg

Latest posts