• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PINK TOED PRE-MOLT

STAX

Hello, I fed my pink toe 1 cricket 12/17. He then made his hammock and stayed up in the corner until 12/28 and ended up kitty corner (no web) of 45g terrarium. I threw a cricket in and this morning cricket is gone and he's back in hammock. I did try to throw cricket in 12/24 but he didn't leave hammock, so I removed cricket about 8 hrs later just in case he was molting.
The question is, do you think he was in pre molt? Do they ever leave pre molt? I just got him 12/3 and do not know if he has ever molted. I look forward to your advice. Thanks.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
hello-39.gif

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sure sounds like it could be premolt...

I have a question for you. Is it customary where you're from not to introduce yourself but just jump into asking questions? Just wondering.

Welcome to The Forum

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome to the forum!
When you’ll get a chance please introduce yourself in the section under the same name ;)
In order to answer your questions about your Avicularia avicularia, it is always easier to give the size (dls, diagonal legs’ span) as well as a picture of the tarantula and it’s enclosure.
To help with the few you already asked:
1. It might be in premolt.
2. Yes they leave premolt, once they have molted.
3. As I doubt they sold you a first or second instar your T most definitely already molted a few times.
Many of us will always be there to help and answer your questions as much as possible but I would recommend researching the forum or online for the very basic details about this baby you brought back and welcomed to your home. On the forum @octanejunkie already created many threads about the very spider you have and I trust that if asked nicely he might even post links to those threads and basic husbandry for your T.
Once again, welcome to the forum, we are looking forward to seeing pictures of your T.

STAX

I do apologize. I'm too used to getting lost in the social media jungle. My name is Mikey Stax. I live on Northshore of Boston. And I'm glad that you called me out, now I know you care.

Latest posts