• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink toe won’t eat

Pants__cat

3 Year Member
About a month ago I picked up a decent size pink toe at the pet store, I was told it was a great eater and sometimes ate two crickets in a day. Since I’ve gotten it, it hasn’t eaten a single cricket
What am I doing wrong?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It can take them a while to settle in to a new home but it could also be in premoult. Don't worry they can go very long periods without food just make sure it has plenty fresh water.

Pants__cat

3 Year Member
It can take them a while to settle in to a new home but it could also be in premoult. Don't worry they can go very long periods without food just make sure it has plenty fresh water.

I’m used to my Rosie going a long time without food, but the last pink toe I got only survived about a week after bringing it home from the pet store (this one is much bigger and plumper) so I guess I’m extra paranoid

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I’m used to my Rosie going a long time without food, but the last pink toe I got only survived about a week after bringing it home from the pet store (this one is much bigger and plumper) so I guess I’m extra paranoid

We can all sympathise with that feeling.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If someone was feeding it two crickets a day it's probably done eating for a long time now. Two crickets a week would be plenty. I feed mine 3 or 4 crickets every 2-3 weeks.

Latest posts