• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink Toe Spiderling

srstarkie

3 Year Member
I was just given a spidering and wondering what to put him/her in. It is currently in a small condiment cup. I know they like to be up high but it's so small I don't want to put it into anything too big. Also, what's the best way to provide water. It's about as big as my thumbnail. Thanks!!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If a water dish is not practical, moss retains water well

See this for housing and husbandry "advice"

Seekeroftruth

Could you show a picture? Most people recommend a small water dish only if youre new to avic slings. Depending on the size of the enclosure, they could web it up to where its hard to get the water in the dish that though so you might end up needing to add water however you can... in substrate or moss. If it makes a web, you can tong feed it which is what i often do for my avic slings. In that case a larger enclosure is fine. Just be careful it doesnt bite the tweezers or tongs.

Seekeroftruth

How big the enclosure really depends on what or how you feed them. Ive found they dont like to hunt at substrste level. If you feed them moths or flies, you could pull off a larger enclosure.

Cnidarianfarmer

I like putting them in tall inverted amac boxes with lots of small holes drilled for cross ventilation, I usually glue a small section of fake plant and a small piece of cork bark in the upper half of the enclosure towards the top. If they are under 1" slings I use tweezers to place a small prekilled headless cricket body, large cricket leg or slice of small mealworm on their webbing or at the entrance of their web sock they make - as slings they will scavenge feed. Waterdish wise I keep a small one in the enclosure for humidity purposes, but mostly use a dropper/ pipette to place some droplets on their webbing or the side of the enclosure to provide water for drinking.

Hope this helps !

Latest posts