• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink toe not looking good

What should i do

• Dying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stress

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokemon

3 Year Member
I just got a pink toe fron the store and its a sling. The guy was pretty rough getting it out and i got it home and it walked on my arm for a little and pooped on me lol but now its got its legs slightly curled and doesnt seem to wanna move much. Im very worried cause i dont wanna lose him. Could it be stress from being moved around? Or could it be from the guy being rough? Someone please help

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Sounds like death curl sadly that's how mine died but there is such thing as SADS ( Sudden Avic Death Syndrome)

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
You can try looking up ICU for Tarantula online but yeah I'm very shocked that my Avic died even with proper care and come 2 find out there is such thing as SADS

Pokemon

3 Year Member
Thank you! Im just keeping it nice and humid and providing it water and stuff. Its weird tho cause when i was handling it it seemed fine. :/ I just hope a miracle happens cause i just got the little guy and hes my 2nd T

Pokemon

3 Year Member
My profile pic is actually the picture i took about 2 hours ago when i got him. If that helps

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Thank you! Im just keeping it nice and humid and providing it water and stuff. Its weird tho cause when i was handling it it seemed fine. :/ I just hope a miracle happens cause i just got the little guy and hes my 2nd T
Hopefully and ICU will work Google would explain better but I wish the best of luck :/

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Definitely keep us updated :( Call the pet shop and let them know maybe they can give you your money back

Pokemon

3 Year Member
Well i got him in an ICU and woke up at 7 this morning and touched his butt and he walked forward just a little and his legs werent moving weird anymore or curling in, so i think it has a chance now just gonna take some time before its fully healthy. And if he dies within seven days the store refunds your money, and if he does pass im gonna make sure to go off on the store for not treating their animals right, i cant tell you how many dead rose hairs ive seen up there dead or have no water justthat cricket quencher or a sponge!

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Well i got him in an ICU and woke up at 7 this morning and touched his butt and he walked forward just a little and his legs werent moving weird anymore or curling in, so i think it has a chance now just gonna take some time before its fully healthy. And if he dies within seven days the store refunds your money, and if he does pass im gonna make sure to go off on the store for not treating their animals right, i cant tell you how many dead rose hairs ive seen up there dead or have no water justthat cricket quencher or a sponge!
Ah prob keeping him or her in the ICU for longer time? Omg.....no wonder why their poor T's are in horrible shape I'm shocked

Pokemon

3 Year Member
yeah im just keeping it in the ICU till it looks ready. It still doesnt have strength to eat but it shouldn't be to much longer. They tried to tell me that avics are super aggressive LOL I don't know if you've watched firefly but i plan on naming this T Mal, if he/she survives

Pokemon

3 Year Member
0611141611.jpg

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
yeah im just keeping it in the ICU till it looks ready. It still doesnt have strength to eat but it shouldn't be to much longer. They tried to tell me that avics are super aggressive LOL I don't know if you've watched firefly but i plan on naming this T Mal, if he/she survives
I wonder why that business is still open doesn't sound very smart XD

Pokemon

3 Year Member
Well, hes back to curling his legs a little. Not much i can do now but let nature take its course. Tried my best. If he does pass im gonna buy from a breeder

Pokemon

3 Year Member
he went back curling his legs so i had to get on his back and drip water into his mouth. Calling the pet store tomorrow and going off on them for how poorly they treat their animals

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
he went back curling his legs so i had to get on his back and drip water into his mouth. Calling the pet store tomorrow and going off on them for how poorly they treat their animals
Yeah I would also tell them that cricket gel is not water for them .-.

Latest posts