• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Souda Addict

I've had a pink toe tarantula for almost 6 months now, and the only way he will eat is if his worm is placed in his web. He molted a couple weeks ago, and I had to clean out his web because he got too big for it. He hasn't started building a new web, and also won't eat. I've tried putting his worm in a dish near him, but he won't eat it. No matter where I place the worm, he won't even go near it. I was wondering if there is anything I should try or know.

Souda Addict

Sounds like You messed up his whole world. Avicularia webbing is its comfort zone. If it needs to be removed the spider will change things up. Try a different feeder like a roach or cricket. Worms are hard to use for arboreals without webbing.
I was worried about upsetting him with removing his web, but he's been more active and is stretching his legs out more. Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try roaches and crickets :)

Latest posts