• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pinhead turk roach bolus?

steaksauce357

What do these look like? I fed the slings some mealworms and pinhead turks recently. Mealworm bolus' were easy to spot and remove, but I have not seen any evidence of the roaches ever being there lol. I have a feeling my chaco buried it under it's current project but my PI tangerine doesn't move dirt and I can't spot them

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I feed mostly roaches, and the occasional cricket ,to my Ts. Their boluses are light colored (pinkish/grey) but when rolled in substrate they just look like clumps of dirt.

Colorado Ts

What do these look like? I fed the slings some mealworms and pinhead turks recently. Mealworm bolus' were easy to spot and remove, but I have not seen any evidence of the roaches ever being there lol. I have a feeling my chaco buried it under it's current project but my PI tangerine doesn't move dirt and I can't spot them
The boluses from such a tiny prey item will disappear into the substrate. The boluses of larger prey item roaches are going to a greyish color with bits of exoskeleton on the exterior.

Latest posts