• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ping Pong Balls.

m0lsx

Tarantula Club Member
I have just brought a few multi coloured ping pong balls off ebay for my larger T's. A couple like to play with their water dishes & I thought a small ball would give them something else to move around. Farmers have been doing it for decades with cows & pigs etc. So I thought for a few £'s it was worth the try.

Anyone else doing this? And what do you use in small enclosures?

timc

3 Year Member
I do not but I’ve heard about people that do for many years. I imagine it’s pretty fun to see where it’s ended up in the morning after they’ve been moving stuff all night, but it’s just not something I really ever think about.

Phototoxin

My g.rosea used to have a yellow ping pong ball. When I went to clean her water dish or tidy up she'd put a paw in it to stop me moving it. Consistently too. But she never blooded over it so I don't think she saw it as an egg sac. Who knows maybe she just liked the ball?

m0lsx

Tarantula Club Member
My g.rosea used to have a yellow ping pong ball. When I went to clean her water dish or tidy up she'd put a paw in it to stop me moving it. Consistently too.

Part of my logic, was that I have several T's who move water dishes & I thought I would try this, to see, if they did the same with the balls, if they do, I will try & find some smaller balls, for my smaller T's.

My rosea has already moved her ball into her hide.