• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pill packaging suitable water dish for slings?

remington

I recently made my 1cm sling a water dish by cutting out a pill container from a package of Benadryl (rinsed out well of course). Does this look like a suitable water dish for a sling that size? The bottle cap was taking up far too much floor space
B1B0EC86-1BBB-4E9C-B75F-3DCAF54EBE0B.jpeg

rapidfire

I recently made my 1cm sling a water dish by cutting out a pill container from a package of Benadryl (rinsed out well of course). Does this look like a suitable water dish for a sling that size? The bottle cap was taking up far too much floor space View attachment 63287
Im not sure what you are using here. Is it the actual pill coating? I think those dissolve when soaked in water.

remington

Im not sure what you are using here. Is it the actual pill coating? I think those dissolve when soaked in water.
It’s the small container covered in foil that boxed pills come in, I’m sure there’s a name for it but I don’t know what it is. Rest assured it won’t melt, it’s plastic

Vermis

Tarantula Club Member
It’s the small container covered in foil that boxed pills come in, I’m sure there’s a name for it but I don’t know what it is. Rest assured it won’t melt, it’s plastic

A blister pack, IIRC. I can't give any set in stone judgement on using it as a water dish, but I like it.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
At 1/2" I wouldn't worry too much over a water dish. Put a few drops of water always at the same place in the enclosure, the sling will absorb the humidity there. Am I recognizing the FearNotTarantula complete package here?