• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Photo

Steve b

This is my mysore ornamental. Shes has some strange back legs if she molt s again will they be back to normal

Attachments

• 16139168976163130110768784766396.jpg
    16139168976163130110768784766396.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh lol .I say she. Or he inthinknshe is a she .I could be wrong
Replacement of legs via molting can often take more than one molt to fully regenerate.

Female tarantulas live longer and can molt more often than males. Once a male reached it's ultimate molt it is done molting and lives out the remainder of its life in search of females to inseminate.

In this case, male or female, can matter as to whether your P striata will be able to molt enough to fully regenerate it's limbs before it's ultimate molt.

Regardless, if your T is able to eat and get around without issue then the legs are of little significance, other than the Ts visual appearance to others.

Steve b

Replacement of legs via molting can often take more than one molt to fully regenerate.

Female tarantulas live longer and can molt more often than males. Once a male reached it's ultimate molt it is done molting and lives out the remainder of its life in search of females to inseminate.

In this case, male or female, can matter as to whether your P striata will be able to molt enough to fully regenerate it's limbs before it's ultimate molt.

Regardless, if your T is able to eat and get around without issue then the legs are of little significance, other than the Ts visual appearance to others.
Thanks .it seems to be fine and van eat fine so maybe nothing to worry about .