• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phormingochilus sp. akcaya (what do you know?)

Creep

I'm very interested in this species and have read general information on phormingochilus but not SP. Akcaya specifically. I'm not finding much and would like to know what you know! Thanks
Screenshot_20200129-141717_Firefox.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've got a couple slings at the moment from Steve Johnson (the guy that took that photo). Not much to say other then you keep them like Poecilotheria or other arboreals that like to make dirt curtains. My slings are currently burrowed with webbed funnels to the top of their enclosures.

Theneil

3 Year Member
No personal experience, but i would expect that the care is similar to a C. sp hati hati. Deep moist sub with some arboreal features as well.

Beautiful spiders, butbi havent ended ho with any. (yet)

Hemolymph

3 Year Member
This is a newer species to the hobby so you won’t find anything. As for care, Basic care for all tarantulas is a the same. This species is no exception. I keep mine a little on the moist side. I too have some slings purchased from Steve.