• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phormictopus sp. "Green"

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys/girls..
I've had my green bird eater now for a few days and I'm trying to find out some information on it but struggling to find anything...
Will this T have the same growth rate as a LP?

Here's what I have for Information
image.jpg

Any info would be much appreciated. :)

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 .. Thanks for that :)
It does say the purple version is aggressive.. But on the TSS care sheet it just says nervous for the green version I hope I can get a good picture of it for you it's really green like a metallic green..
I fed it last night took down a cricket of its own size :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym We all know they can vary in character even within the same species. Good to hear it's eaten.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
By the colour of it I would say it's moulted in the last couple of weeks before I got it.. Very cool looking T...
What size were your H.Incei when you got them?? I think mine were £6 roughly 1.5 inch..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tiny lol. This is Yoda when they arrived. It had moulted in transit and you can see its feet sticking out of the pipette. I'll be honest I thought I had a DOA until I saw those feet and realised what had happened.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 .. Very small then :)
Look forward to the female coming..
Not sure if I will introduce them straight away or give her a day to come round from transportation

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym I think I'd give her a day or 2 to settle and have a feed then she may be less likely to attack the male.

PamCz

3 Year Member
@sym Hmmm....knowing the Phormictopus species, indeed, probably not! A bit more attack-y, I'd say...lol my cancerides is not at all cheeky...just super mean. Threat postures abound!

Latest posts