• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phamtobeteus sp Costa

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Another of my keeper's journals.
This is my Phamtobeteus sp Costa (Electra)
Purchased from @Phil and with me since 08.04.2020.It is showing a beatuful star shaped markings on the carapace and still holds the Christmas tree pattern on the abdomen.Its a looker.lol
Here is a post sale pic of that beauty.
IMG-20200326-WA0003.jpg

It is curently in his new enclosure 1.3l Braplast tub.Kept on moist substrate with springtails added as clean up crew.
Its an absolute monster of an eater and joy to watch take down large crickets. It loves pooping in his water dish on daily basis. Lol
Will post some more recent pics soon so watch this space.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
I have not forgotten to update with pics but the little s**t is a bit scatty and bolts in the hide on any disturbance.Tried to take few pics with the lid on but they just horrible and dont make that beautiful T justice .It also kicked hairs at me once while getting in the burrow.I found it absolutely adorable.I really enjoy its attitude and how it is a stone cold killer with the crickets.Pouncing on them from the other side of the tub with vengeance.
It refused a meal yesterday so maybe in premolt.Will see I guess.
Thanks for reading.

Regards Konstantin

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
I really enjoy its attitude and how it is a stone cold killer with the crickets.Pouncing on them from the other side of the tub with vengeance.
I must admit Pamphobeteus sp are aggressive at taking down there prey . I have two Pamphobeteus fortis large juvenile and adult Pamphobeteus sp platyomma . When my platyomma was younger she was like a tiger first time I seen a tarantula dive on its prey with all its feet off ground . It use stalk and pounce crazy use make my day watching take down .

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hehe.(party emoji)
Thank you everyone.
Now the other question.It totally outgrew its enclosure in one moult.Having in mind that they grow fast what do you think as next enclosure?I have 20x20x10cm and a 30x20x15cm setups ready.
I am leaning towards the bigger one tbh.
Regards Konstantin

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Go ahead with the bigger one. They are savages when they hunt and eat very well! :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hehe.(party emoji)
Thank you everyone.
Now the other question.It totally outgrew its enclosure in one moult.Having in mind that they grow fast what do you think as next enclosure?I have 20x20x10cm and a 30x20x15cm setups ready.
I am leaning towards the bigger one tbh.
Regards Konstantin
go big or go home ha ha

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
My girl Elektra has hardened off and had 2 meals so today is rehouse time.She went from her 1.3l Braplast tub straight into 30x20x15cm enclosure as rather not stress her with rehouse after every moult as she puts loads of size.She is absolutely stunning atm.
20200603_103814.jpg
20200603_103723.jpg
20200603_103744.jpg

Regards Konstantin

Latest posts