• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Peurto Rican Pink Toe

Adam Boudreau

3 Year Member
Hi, I just bought my first Peurto Rican Pink toe, and am very curious on care for the little guy. As you may know they are not bred very often so it was a chance of luck that my local shop had them. Little to say I finally got my hands on one and as I do my research I'm finding very little. (Scientific name - avicularia laeta.) Any advice for care on this little bugger would be greatly appreciated.
20170822_224757.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I kept mine as for any Avic. in a deli with ventilation holes around the sides and top, a piece of plant to climb on when it was a sling. now she's an adult I have her in an 8"x8"x12" terrarium which will be big enough for life as the laeta is the smallest Avic only reaching around 3".

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are now Caribena laeta.
I used to keep them years ago and found they did well in a well ventilated tub with a couple of inches of slightly moist substrate and a vertical bit of cork bark or plastic tubing for them to web and set up home in. Temps of around 75-85F seemed to work well with a light misting of water down one side of the enclosure once a week or so. Be warned they will turn out to be quite nasty as they get bigger and browner.