• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Petition

shaun

3 Year Member
I attempted to buy from spiderworld.eu but shipping couldn't be done. I emailed to ask when shipping to the uk would commence they responded with " when you rejoin the European Union" !!!
Can we start a petition to rejoin, so that i can buy the T's!!!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I attempted to buy from spiderworld.eu but shipping couldn't be done. I emailed to ask when shipping to the uk would commence they responded with " when you rejoin the European Union" !!!
Quicker and easier to move to Europe!
It's either democracy or dictatorship and we plumped for democracy -
It's not an impossible task to order fro Europe just a lot of the official details are yet to be sorted as it stands there need to be a customs check done which includes a document signed by a vet to say healthy animals are being brought over.. This is easily done and some sellers are agreeing to do this with lots of additional costs, this will be absorbed by the buyer so an option is groups of people banding together to do a big order and split the cost
Of course this is only an option if the seller is happy to do so

CritterKeeper79

You could always start a smuggling business? Train some European swallows to carry spiders from town to town. I mean I know about weight ratios and that a five ounce bird, can’t carry a one pound coconut. However given the proper satchel, with maybe a husk for it to grip? I’d say a five ounce bird could care at least 7 3/4 inch slings.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You could always start a smuggling business? Train some European swallows to carry spiders from town to town. I mean I know about weight ratios and that a five ounce bird, can’t carry a one pound coconut. However given the proper satchel, with maybe a husk for it to grip? I’d say a five ounce bird could care at least 7 3/4 inch slings.

The British used homing pigeons to carry messages from Europe back to England during WW2. They were even awarded medals for their work.

Winkey-rescued-the-crew-of-a-stricken-aircraft-that-had-gone-down-in-the-sea-in-1942.jpg

https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/poultry-101/heroic-pigeons-in-world-war-ii/

This is an interesting idea. Not that it should be done but there would be something cool about have a bird bring you tarantula.

MBullock

3 Year Member
Definitely dont use a small white rabbit for this though..

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The fire brigade will be around for tea next Tuesday, let's see wot that lot has to say

Pcancerides

3 Year Member
They used to ship to the USA. The US Postal Service made the final delivery. It stopped about two years back. I asked why and they would not say.

Latest posts