• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pet Expo in Wheaton, IL.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a little bit of a trek for me but it still sounds like a cool show. Who else will be attending?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I pick up most of my T food there. Good deals on feeders, roaches, and more. Mostly a reptile show but I have picked up a couple of nice species there. Definitely worth a drive but not a flight ;)

Quandry

3 Year Member
That's where I got two of my Ts. :) It's great for herps, though I do agree they need more T vendors. You never quite know what you'll find there, though.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I believe that there are 4-5 dealers that show up semi-regularly that sell T's and Scorpions. I have purchased 7 inverts there (5 T's and 2 scorpions). But regarding prey, they have virtually everything under the sun for a good alternative or primary food source. Still recommend it.

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I have yet to make in there. It's nearly a 2hr drive for me and all toll roads but I'm hoping to make it in once in the next month or so

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bring a lot of cash for both the tolls and the show :confused:. Awesome stuff and considering your budding collection, the food choices available are going to be worth the trip. I can't think of any T food that you can't find here. All shapes and sizes.

Quandry

3 Year Member
Yeah, Chicago area tolls are bad. LOL. It's 2.5 hours for us, but Foxface's family is in the area, too, so we go up that way fairly often, anyway.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Picked up 4 different sized crickets, hornworms, silk worms and a couple of species of ispopods yesterday. Going to try to test the cleaners out. Worried they are going to look too much like food? But, they also had every type of roach, supers, mealworms and a new food larvae called butter worms. Feeding day today!

Latest posts