• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pamphobeteus sp

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Howdy,
I have some questions about Pamphos. I'm not very familiar with the genus and there's not much reading material out there, that I could find. I found several videos, but they were more in the way of showing the spiders rather than giving any info on them. All I know about the genus is that they tend to be more humidity dependent than some, they get quite large, the males are typically more colorful, and several people have described their particular spider as "laid back", which I found somewhat surprising, for some reason. I did find what are described as several newer sp that have come out recently, including: mascara, montana, manabi, hexa, paisa, and cascada. I've seen one person say that the mascara is a dry/scrubland sp. and was wondering if anyone can confirm this? It's a good looking specimen, blonde and black, but there are better looking Pamphos out there. I'm rather fond of the nigicolor's looks myself. I just prefer dry species when possible, for ease of care, especially when I'm paying the kind of money people want for some of these newer species and I don't have much information on them, or much experience with the genus. Any information, comments about the genus, or tips on individual species would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Latest posts