• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pamphobeteus cage makeover

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She molted and was to big for the skull so I had to remake it. I also had to pull out the roach as well. I had a larger hide around so that want a problem. The size increase was surprising.

P machala cage makeover 4.jpg
P machala cage makeover 3.jpg
P machala Persephone cage makeover 2.jpg
P machala Persephone cage makeover 1.jpg

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The enclosure itself is a 3 gallon Terra Blue professional with a reptilock. They are wonderful for Ts. The screens are fully bonded so they won't catch any feet or claws. Very convenient for filling water dishes.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I put those in the who molted today section but I'll post the best 2 here. Why not?

The rest as well as a short post molt video are in the other section.

P machala Persephone molted 3.jpg
P machala Persephone molted 6.jpg

These are drop dead gorgeous. They appreciate just a little bit of extra humidity by overflowing the water dish 2 or 3 times a week. Aside from that husbandry is virtually identical to Lasiodora. Heck, as long as you're not going to handle them, they might just might be a good first terrestrial for some new people.

Of course, newbies should always start with a sling between 1 to 2 inches in size so they aren't overwhelmed.

Either way, you just gotta get one of these!! No matter what sex, they're awesome but very different.

Latest posts