• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pamphobeteous sp machala

Percy or Persephone ??

• She's female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arachno gender identity disorder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For the first time ever, I managed to get some decent ventral shots of my P machala. I thought she was a Persephone, but I now suspect he's a Percy instead.

P sp machala sexing 1.jpg
P sp machala sexing 2.jpg
P sp machala sexing 3.jpg

What happened was that I thought I saw a roach right in the hide with him. Fearing that he was dehydrated or in premolt, I lifted the hide and scooted him out with a paintbrush.

He was sulking inside of his hiding place for the last 2 days which is seriously out of character.

He seemed to walk in an awkward fashion instead of the usual warp speed. Fearing dehydration, I got a shallow water dish and tried to scoot him right in.

Much to my surprise, he walked up the glass. After driving him up the wall, I decided to leave him alone and take a look under the robes. I guess if he can climb the walls after I was misting the glass, he's ok.

If he falls down, it'll be into the water dish.

Persephone sexing 1.jpg
Persephone sexing 2.jpg
Persephone sexing 3.jpg

These are the raw unedited ventral pics.

P machala sexing 5.jpg
P machala sexing 4.jpg

Here is what the usual side looks like. He might be in premolt, which would explain the uneaten roaches.

Last edited:

Latest posts