• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.Vitatta sling, Ghost Ornamental

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Bought her a few weeks ago but I don't have a good enough picture yet because she either hides in the top under the lid and if she is in view to get a great pic, she bolts when I move her enclosure to get a good angle [emoji20].
There was already a moult in her enclosure when I bought her and she has already outgrown my biggest girl Zebedy (zebra knee).
I've tried to keep all my inverts the same(ish) size so I only need one size of prey to feed them all but I think she is going to grow faster than the others and force me to get a second, larger prey size.
cf07a58fab0166afcb74a704e0407eaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Love P. Vittata's...one of my favorites!!! Lost my male to a unsuccessful breeding...:(
Oh damn that's crap ☹️, always the biggest risk when you loan a mature male for a breeding session, that they may not come out of it alive. The female is so fast you need rapid reflexes to get in between them to shop her attack.

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
I underestimated just how vicious Ts can be. I threw a cricket in to my vittatas enclosure that was bigger then her, she finally came across it and went for it, got away with a leg and did a happy dance at her achievement whilst she sat and ate it, finally managed to catch it and didn't take long for her to eat the whole thing. Here she is on her bark:
2f13ae766d2cc03e1f12b257d608a983.jpg