• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.Sazimai

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
I am not like some collectors,I have some experience on tarantulas difficult dangerous etc. Still I know when to ask for help,I received 2 p.sazimai specimens one is around 8cm dls or more thw other too small to mention haha.

So what I need to know is,I have set them up with enough substrate to burrow a hide and some fake leaves to hide under or sit on it and water does this sound fine with these specimens ?

Then,growth rate longevity etc ? I really need some info on them,since the net rarely has correct or desrciptive info and even more so with these so if possible please help.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry, I can't help with care and co., but congrats on your editions. Ever since their discovery a few years back, P. Sazimai have been on my wishlist, but other than tiny slings they are hard to come by in the UK.
Maybe when they've been in the hobby longer they'll be more juves and females available. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to photos.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry, I can't help with care and co., but congrats on your editions. Ever since their discovery a few years back, P. Sazimai have been on my wishlist, but other than tiny slings they are hard to come by in the UK.
Maybe when they've been in the hobby longer they'll be more juves and females available. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to photos.
Thank you,I did post in My tarantula corner. They are hard to come by,many still do not breed these.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is one gorgeous looking T. I hope you have more luck getting info than I'm having with my 2 new purchases.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ah nice,the first specimen looks described should be easier,the 2nd has the collection area in the name will be more difficult to gain correct info.

Yes, I did get a reply on another forum and he said he keeps “C.elegans at room temperature (65f-78f) with slightly damp substrate and N. sp. Gyana the same” so if I go with that I should be ok.
There is also a bit of info on the sellers site esp. on the perezmilesi

Last edited:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, I did get a reply on another forum and he said he keeps “C.elegans at room temperature (65f-78f) with slightly damp substrate and N. sp. Gyana the same” so if I go with that I should be ok.
I am happy for you,one needs to ask if one is not sure. I have had some replies as well,will try and use what I have been told.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am happy for you,one needs to ask if one is not sure. I have had some replies as well,will try and use what I have been told.

Thank you. I always prefer info from experienced keepers rather than care sheets that can be written by anyone.

tcrave

3 Year Member
Hello
I am not like some collectors,I have some experience on tarantulas difficult dangerous etc. Still I know when to ask for help,I received 2 p.sazimai specimens one is around 8cm dls or more thw other too small to mention haha.

So what I need to know is,I have set them up with enough substrate to burrow a hide and some fake leaves to hide under or sit on it and water does this sound fine with these specimens ?

Then,growth rate longevity etc ? I really need some info on them,since the net rarely has correct or desrciptive info and even more so with these so if possible please help.

Humidity between 70- 80 and temps around 70- 75 i know since they are at higher elevation that they do like it a bit cool. growth rate i am unsure.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I have one that's about 1.25" DLS right now. When I got it in June it was tiny about .25". I keep mine on moist deep substrate. So far mine spends most of the time underground. It makes some cool burrows with two entrances. As it's getting larger it comes out more at night. It molted about 5 times in six months but it's hard to tell as it molts underground. Good eater too, will take prey nearly it's own size. I feed dubias and crickets. After it's latest molt it's starting to get a slight blue-purple color. Not an easy T to get photos of at this size, looking forward to it spending more time out in the open as it grows and turns blue. Keep the sub moist and temps in the mid 70s and you should be good.

Post molt
image.jpg

June
image.jpg

September
image.jpg

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have one that's about 1.25" DLS right now. When I got it in June it was tiny about .25". I keep mine on moist deep substrate. So far mine spends most of the time underground. It makes some cool burrows with two entrances. As it's getting larger it comes out more at night. It molted about 5 times in six months but it's hard to tell as it molts underground. Good eater too, will take prey nearly it's own size. I feed dubias and crickets. After it's latest molt it's starting to get a slight blue-purple color. Not an easy T to get photos of at this size, looking forward to it spending more time out in the open as it grows and turns blue. Keep the sub moist and temps in the mid 70s and you should be good.

Post molt
View attachment 8086

June
View attachment 8087

September
View attachment 8088
Thank you very,I need any advice with these I can get. The larger one should be fine with the advice,I hope the smaller one does the same.

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
Blue, probably the most sought after color for an animal. When I was in snakes the Blue Garter Snake was on the wanted list. Some of them were a beautiful bright blue. I think everyone wants a blue tarantula. Sometimes the
blue" in the name does not mean the kind of color like the P Sazimai. I have "blue" Ts that will never be a bright blue.