• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Regalis & P. Fasciata

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
New pics! and this was prior to putting the cork bark hides in.. and as you can see they have grown a lot! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20170316_182810.jpg
    IMG_20170316_182810.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20170316_182322.jpg
    IMG_20170316_182322.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 23

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
yea everywhere I've read said feed them a cricket a week but each one gets two crickets a week.. the way I see it they wouldn't eat it if they didn't want it :) the regalis never turns down food but I have had the fasciata turn it down once

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
there is something special about pokies.. dunno what it is but I love them... I recommend pokies but if you get a regalis they are ridiculously fast.. people warned me about their speed but nothing could prepare me for the real thing.. the regalis is crazy lol

Kole G

3 Year Member
there is something special about pokies.. dunno what it is but I love them... I recommend pokies but if you get a regalis they are ridiculously fast.. people warned me about their speed but nothing could prepare me for the real thing.. the regalis is crazy lol
I own a heteroscodra maculata sling and that thing moves really quick lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I own a heteroscodra maculata sling and that thing moves really quick lol

Same branch of family, same difference brotha. They're just as bad about hiding, venom potency and speed. If you have an H mac you'll have no problem with pokies;) I'm not a fan of old world Ts but I do want a H mac. Very unique spider, you won't find another like it. I'm just waiting on a cheap female;) Hiders take 2nd place in my book though, no matter how pretty..and H macs are known hiders. My P metallica has surprised me though..she aint scared of ****, and never hides. Even when she knows im in her space..

Kole G

3 Year Member
I have 6 avic purple perus they are always out to look at! Same with my GBB and my curly hair. The maculata seems to stay in its burrow for now.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Same branch of family, same difference brotha. They're just as bad about hiding, venom potency and speed. If you have an H mac you'll have no problem with pokies;) I'm not a fan of old world Ts but I do want a H mac. Very unique spider, you won't find another like it. I'm just waiting on a cheap female;) Hiders take 2nd place in my book though, no matter how pretty..and H macs are known hiders. My P metallica has surprised me though..she aint scared of ****, and never hides. Even when she knows im in her space..

I agree on the speed of the H. mac I get to see mine's legs most evenings but point the camera and it's vanished. As for the P.met, mine is probably the calmest of all my Ts. Her favourite spot is right in the front corner of her container with 4 feet on the side and 4 on the door and when I need to open the door, as long as I slide it slowly, she will just gently shuffle along so her feet are off the door, maybe a move of half an inch.

Edit: Just realised that this is wrong as my P.met only has 7 legs at the moment

Last edited:

Latest posts