• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.regalis hide

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I made my adult female p.regalis a real bark hide, i found some bark pieces, washed and baked them, glued them together and hid the joints with moss. I was really impressed and she loves it... however whilst feeding her the other day, i noticed a small amount of mould inside it. The last thing i wanted to do was take away her hide after shes set up home in it, plus im not looking forward to getting her out of it as shes a little bit fiesty at times lol. Anyway ive been looking at cork bark tubes for her but after a trip to the pound shop i found the perfect replacement, heres what i did...
10" long ceramic flower pot £4
Sheet of hanging basket coco liner £1.49
00324c576d7ad7774052bb00fa57de60.jpg

I cut the coco liner in half, wrapped it around the flower pot and glued it in place.
e5594da613ead896a91ca555c8a82c1d.jpg

I then did the same for the inside, and used the base as a template to cut out a circle, and glued that inside at the bottom.
022f24f3f58f8962ed145a9a4fd6e72f.jpg

Then i finished it off by glueing some moss around the entrance to hide any rough edges and also give it abit more natural look.
a4c4feffab4cec3e61f5686f26dc6543.jpg

cc6710ce93e0fbd7acd28b0429c1ba41.jpg

Now all thats left is to get her out, swap the hides and put her back, wish me luck [emoji51]

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the look of that.
Suppose you could hacksaw the bottom off for the types that like to dig down a bit?
Old thread on AB with using a torch on pvc I'm going to try as well. :)

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I was originally going to do that to make it shorter but at abit of a guess 10" looked just right, i suppose though that ill have to shorten it if it doesnt quite fit but ill soon find out lol.

Latest posts