• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P metallica

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
After reading the thread on @Whitelightning777 ‘s P striata I thought I’d throw up a picture of my P metallica sling. I don’t see a dot. What do you guys think? Without putting a tape measure to it I’d say its a little over 2”.

DE56E230-ADEF-462F-A05F-9C71C56DA6C2.png

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Yeah I tried several times to get one without the glare right in that spot but it just wasn’t working out.

Not to jinx it, but if it is female I’ll somehow be 4 for 4 on unsexed so far. Everything else I either bought sexed (my very first “sexed female” actually ended up male) or is <1/2”.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, having had a male, is that another reason to get a second pokie? Yes, I know some people get 3 at once so at least one of them is female but that would be a bit much now.

In all seriousness, it would be nice to find a breeder that has a female that won't just let him get killed off or hybridize it.

Still, I'm sure I've got at least 6 months to a year before he matures out. I also have a modded arboreal cage which would be just perfect for a pokie sling. The only thing is that it's a juvenile enclosure and there's a 100% need for rehousing.

The nice thing about Patrick's enclosure is that it was small enough for him to function as a sling but big enough for a small adult pokie. Now that I know he's male, it'll be good for life.

With the latest molt, the growth rate is phenomenal. He's probably longer then the pill vial that he shipped out in!! He's now as big as my versicolor, which was my first tarantula!!

Yee Haw!!

No pics yet because I want him to harden up for a bit.