• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Metallica molt

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I came home from work today and did my usual checks on my Ts. To my suprise i found one of my p.metallica slings had molted. When i checked my molt record its last molt was february [emoji50] anyway whilst trying to get the molt out i noticed that something didnt quite look right. I noticed that its left palp and left first leg were deformed. I went for a shower and when i came back down it had chewed the lower part of its leg off and was munching its palp [emoji51] it seems ok, and hopefully it will eat ok in afew days. On the plus side its started to turn blue, actually looking like a p.metallica now, just need my other to molt now so i have 2 blue ones instead of one blue and one brown haha
6abc32c25ada43f78fe348a01465f9ef.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not bleeding anywhere? If not it should be fine.
Gratz on the molt anyway ^^

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As Kymura has already said, just keep an eye out for bleeding and should be ok. I have 3 that I am hoping will moult soon and start with the blue. Funnily enough, one of mine had a deformed rear leg which shrivelled up flol owing lat mout. . Did not chew it though! Hope all is well anyway, and the colours are starting to look lovely. Congrats ☺
Last moult was March for my 3. Thay are approx 1.5 inch atm. Brown on top but can make out blue and yellow on the underside.

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
No bleeding or fluid so all seems ok. Checked afew times today and it doesnt seem to be acting differently but i will keep my eye on it. I cant wait till mine get bigger and really show their colours, amazing Ts [emoji2]

T Freak

Ok so my p Metallica is still brown it’s so little and is still taking food as far as i know but stays hidden all the time behind the bark I put in for it. I’ll show a pic but what I wonder is when I go to give it this cricket is should I do same as last time and toss in a small cricket still alive not knowing if it’s gonna take it or not?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok so my p Metallica is still brown it’s so little and is still taking food as far as i know but stays hidden all the time behind the bark I put in for it. I’ll show a pic but what I wonder is when I go to give it this cricket is should I do same as last time and toss in a small cricket still alive not knowing if it’s gonna take it or not?

You can offer it food but if it doesn't eat within 24 hours I recommend removing the food. Then try again later.

T Freak

That’s the thing if the cricket gets behind the bark I can’t get to it. Also I happened to turn the enclosure to check on it and
You can offer it food but if it doesn't eat within 24 hours I recommend removing the food. Then try again later.
That’s the thing if the cricket gets behind the bark I can’t get to it. Ik about the feeding anyways I was wondering whether to give it live or pinch it’s head cuz like said if it gets behind bark and he don’t eat I can’t get it back out. Also I happened to turn the enclosure to check on it and it’s down on the ground at a weird angle position and some webbing on the backside of the bark toward the bottom so we shall see. Iv never seen a T in this twisted like half sideways half on ground like position tho. Hmmm.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That’s the thing if the cricket gets behind the bark I can’t get to it. Also I happened to turn the enclosure to check on it and

That’s the thing if the cricket gets behind the bark I can’t get to it. Ik about the feeding anyways I was wondering whether to give it live or pinch it’s head cuz like said if it gets behind bark and he don’t eat I can’t get it back out. Also I happened to turn the enclosure to check on it and it’s down on the ground at a weird angle position and some webbing on the backside of the bark toward the bottom so we shall see. Iv never seen a T in this twisted like half sideways half on ground like position tho. Hmmm.
To catch a cricket. Put a carrot inside a pill bottle or dram. Place it where you can grab it fast by the water dish. When it crawls inside grab it. 60% of the time, it works all the time. :D:D:D