• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.Machala

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hi guys/girls.
Looking into getting a new couple of T's..
1.B.Vagans
2.P.Machala

Is the P.Machala suitable for beginners??
I can only find a care sheet for the golden version

Sym

Ghost

3 Year Member
Hi Sym,

The care for the P.machala is basically the same as for all the pamphos slightly damp sub but not swampy they like higher humidity,hide and water dish,as far as being suitable for beginners goes they can be a bit defensive or aggressive but when I had them they would just hide most of the time so as long as you don't mess with them you should be fine.also they are great eaters and have a huge appetite,also just to make you aware that it is the males that are more colourful.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Ghost.
I don't want anything aggressive to be honest. I do like the look of them very nice colours..

Sym

Ghost

3 Year Member
Hi Ghost.
I don't want anything aggressive to be honest. I do like the look of them very nice colours..

Sym
Yes they definitely have lovely colours and are a great spider to keep if you like the more defensive ones although the ones I had would run and hide most of the time...

Poec54

3 Year Member
Hi Ghost.

Sym

Did you see the colors of an adult male? Female Pamphos are mostly brown or black. The Pampho will get bigger faster, and will be more high strung than the vagans. Pamphos tend to run around when disturbed, kicking hairs; some are defensive. They're really an intermediate spider, not a beginner species.

You can easily get in over your head picking out spiders by their colors. A lot of people make that mistake. Be careful.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Poec54 ..
I've ordered the Vagans instead.
There are lots of T's I like and most are not suitable for me as a beginner..
I don't want anything aggressive as its not always me who will be feeding them.
Always good advice cheers poec54
:)

Sym