• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

p irminia care?

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
Hey guys! ive been wanting to buy a p irminia for a long time, and i found a 3/4" sling for $18 at jamiestarantulas. id like to know about the species. is $18 a good price? whats their temperament? are they arboreal?
yours truly, Jacob

Last edited:

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
$18 is about the average. Every now and then you can find hobbyists selling them a little cheaper on more heavily populated forums. Like any spider temperament will vary with each one but they are generally consider skittish, somewhat defensive as adults. Very fast T. Venom is said to be quite painful but not medically significant. They are arboreal but will burrow/ build retreats at and often below ground level that they will extend to the upper portions of the enclosure.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I haven't used her website its pretty new so if you have any problems with it pm me your email and I'll have her get ahold of you

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I give them about an inch and a half of slightly moist substrate. Good amount of ventilation. A strip of bark to climb on/burrow under, and a little sphagnum moss. They like to incorporate the moss into the retreats they build. Drip a little water around the enclosure for them to drink 1-2x a week. And have a catch cup on hand because they are VERY fast. They will usually hide rather than bolting but if one does take off good luck keeping an eye on it and finding a catch cup at the same time ;p

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I've ordered from Jamie several times and I've always been very pleased with the outcome. Good luck with your new T. :)

Latest posts