• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.cambridgei

darttak

Hello again, Forum. Quick question. Should I add anything to "enclosure". I had small bark that was dry but after some time it started to grow some mold so I threw that out.

Attachments

• P90527-003122.jpg
    P90527-003122.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • P90527-002709.jpg
    P90527-002709.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 15

Tnoob

I would change the substrate out as well if I found mold. I'd add a bottle cap for water. They are arborial. So something for it to climb up might be good.

darttak

I would change the substrate out as well if I found mold. I'd add a bottle cap for water. They are arborial. So something for it to climb up might be good.
Since it`s sling, molted only 4 times, i thought it`ll dig. + thought that moist substrate is enough for slings to get hydrated. What would you suggest for slimbing surface? atm my budget is slightly limited cuz reasons. Maybe something easy to get. Before i buy cork bark

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If the enclosure is too small for a water dish, it will be fine.

A piece of cork bark is good for creating dirt curtains. 80% of the time most arboreals will remain burrowed until they reach a certain size.

Driftwood works as well.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here's some pictures of all my Psalmopoeus cambridgei. Adults and slings get the same setup @ 2". Smaller slings get the same setup just not as big of enclosure...32 oz. Deli cup.
15589089255408614108378640413148.jpg
15589089657371303466843874584147.jpg
1"-1.5" of substrate a water dish and corkbark. Keep the substrate dry except around the water dish...over flow it once a week.

darttak

Another not very good question. I wanted to test if it`ll work to dry coconut fiber substrate faster, near fire. It worked. Kinda. But now it smells slightly roasted. Any bad effects it can have on a spider? For future reference

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Another not very good question. I wanted to test if it`ll work to dry coconut fiber substrate faster, near fire. It worked. Kinda. But now it smells slightly roasted. Any bad effects it can have on a spider? For future reference
I wouldn't want to use substrate that smelt 'roasted' just in case it affected your T....if you want to dry out your coco fibre substrate(if its really wet) put a thin layer of it on a clean baking tray in the oven on a very low temperature -but check it to make sure its not in there to long,but if possible let the substrate dry out naturally if you can :)

darttak

Ooof, this cambridgei are fast and jumpy. while changing substrate this lil guy rushed like crazy, jumping here and there before i got it back into transfer cup. not sure my gf would return to apt with a spider living free

Latest posts