• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ordering during the winter

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
I'm just curious what everyone's experience or thoughts on ordering during winter are? I live in Nebraska and I'm just not sure if I should order or wait. The shipper says they use heat packs and insulation.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would recommend waiting, since it is winter, you will likely have to wait until the temperatures rise above freezing regardless. There is always a possibility of weather related delays. Heat packs and insulation are great and all, but they only last so long.

Oh, that's also when good sellers start importing again.

Last edited:

Soulman

I would recommend waiting, since it is winter, you will likely have to wait until the temperatures rise above freezing regardless. There is always a possibility of weather related delays. Heat packs and insulation are great and all, but they only last so long.

Oh, that's also when good sellers start importing again.
I have been told of snow in Feb,so I'm thinking of waiting to spend some cash,anyone expecting any problems with orders ect.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have been told of snow in Feb,so I'm thinking of waiting to spend some cash,anyone expecting any problems with orders ect.

I put an order in with So Many Legs a few days ago knowing they wouldn't be posted until next week and next morning I got an email from them stating they'd check overnight temps before deciding when to post. We're lucky in the UK as distances are not so vast as in the US and our Royal Mail guarantee next day delivery before 1pm so heat packs stay warm for the whole trip.

Soulman

Hi,So many legs site is closed,due to the Arachrid show.damm,maybe next year.
That's good they check the weather before post.some don't our weather is very up and down.and we do have our cold snaps.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi,So many legs site is closed,due to the Arachrid show.damm,maybe next year.
That's good they check the weather before post.some don't our weather is very up and down.and we do have our cold snaps.

I think you can still order but you may have to wait for delivery.