• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Opinions sought Is this Smithi or Hamorii

Is this a B Smithi or B Hamorii

• Smithi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hamorii

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papaya

So I found a local shop that is selling a T it says is a female B Smithi. It looks like a Smithi to me but Id like the forum's more experienced opinion. What do you think?

CAcowgirl

Sharing this as well as I found it quite useful to learn how to make the difference between the two.
I enjoy this video and sometimes go back and refresh my memory. I'm stocked that last summer I finally found a true B. smithi sling. And that I scooped up a B. hamorii slng a month or so ago. I've always wanted to keep a female of each.

As for OP's animal, I guess it appears leggy (something I attribute to smithi) because it may have recently molted and perhaps it may also be male. But if I recall correctly, the knee caps don't have the marks I'd look for in a smithi, so I'd lean towards hamorii.

CAcowgirl

Yeah, I read that administrators and moderators were bothered by the use of post edits by those who were new and didn't pay for a premium account. So they removed the ability for non-paying members to edit their post. :shrug

I'm glad there's at least one other Android user in this terrarium. :D

Latest posts