• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Open top

regalis

Hi everyone

So I just saw some large glass fish bowls in my local range and had an idea....

I'm thinking of (actually I am doing it as I bought the bowls) making some open top bio active desert enclosures using mini cactus, succulents, excavator clay. I will use them for small desert scorpion species and maybe Hexophthalma hahni.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone done similar?:)

Last edited:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi everyone

So I just saw some large glass fish bowls in my local range and had an idea....

I'm thinking of (actually I am doing it as I bought the bowls) making some open top bio active desert enclosures using mini cactus, succulents, excavator clay. I will use them for small desert scorpion species and maybe Hexophthalma hahni.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone done similar?:)

Not tried it but a nice plan and would like to see progress pictures and finished enclosure with inhabitant when done. Sounds good.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just a case of running the zombie apocalypse gauntlet at the garden centre! ..... if we are still allowed to play out that is.... :oops:
be careful reading the signs at the garden centre!

I was convinced I read 'Coronavirus' plants as that word is everywhere atm.

It actually read 'carnivorous' plants. Venus fly traps and the like....PMSL. :D:D:D

Latest posts