• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One of my Female Trochosa ruricola’s has Died!

nedaK

I don’t have any pictures but I will show you a pic of my other female to give you an idea of what she looked like in her glory.
C72F67EE-ACED-4C62-9F80-4908FF827E0D.jpeg
I found her dead in her water dish which had completely dried out, which I am assuming is what caused her unfortunate demise. She must have tried to get water from leftovers from a previous meal as her body had half of a cricket in her fangs. The enclosures I keep them in have a lot of ventilation which probably led to it being too dry and the water dish drying up, ultimately killing her. An unfortunate death that was all my fault.

Last edited:

nedaK

How old was your T?
It was a wolf spider, but it was wild caught adult and I had it for a year. I also have a wild caught adult male who somehow has lived for a year in my care even when he was mature when I caught him. I have another wild caught female who I paired with the male with no eggs. I don’t think the male was ready quite yet.

nedaK

I don’t have any pictures but I will show you a pic of my other female to give you an idea of what she looked like in her glory.View attachment 36816 I found her dead in her water dish which had completely dried out, which I am assuming is what caused her unfortunate demise. She must have tried to get water from leftovers from a previous meal as her body had half of a cricket in her fangs. The enclosures I keep them in have a lot of ventilation which probably led to it being too dry and the water dish drying up, ultimately killing her. An unfortunate death that was all my fault.
Sorry I meant to put this is invertebrate pet talk can a moderator please move it

Tnoob

It was a wolf spider, but it was wild caught adult and I had it for a year. I also have a wild caught adult male who somehow has lived for a year in my care even when he was mature when I caught him. I have another wild caught female who I paired with the male with no eggs. I don’t think the male was ready quite yet.
I had a wolf spider that lived under my bed when I was a kid. I fed it live caught prey, but I was always concerned that it wouldn't do well in captivity. It have just been it's time.

Latest posts