• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One death and an order for 4 new slings

Nunua

3 Year Member
This was a sad day in my small tarantula family. Lakshmi, Augacephalus ezendami female that I got about a month ago has suddenly passed away :( Abdomen looks quite small from above / this angle, but is nice and plump from the side view. She was also perfectly fine yesterday evening, webbing the burrow mound and hanging out next to the water dish. Well, things happen. In this hobby more than with mammals etc.
434a8eda8d.png

But then the bit better news. I made a new order to Creatures From The North and am now waiting for this bunch of four slings:
  • Pterinochilus murinus DCF
  • Pterinochilus lapalala
  • Haploclastus devamatha
  • Sahydroaraneus raja

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So sorry @Nunua :( most of us have had this happen at some point-its hard when one minute they seem fine and gone the next...
but I am pleased to read that you are adding to your collection...something to look forward to:D

Nunua

3 Year Member
Thanks all! :) Yeah, it's annoying when you know what was wrong, but it's just part of this hobby that need to be accepted :confused:
And yes, I truly have something to look forward to - I'm already thinking all kinds of safety measures for the tiny S. raja. Dwarf slings are knowns to be little Houdinis :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks all! :) Yeah, it's annoying when you know what was wrong, but it's just part of this hobby that need to be accepted :confused:
And yes, I truly have something to look forward to - I'm already thinking all kinds of safety measures for the tiny S. raja. Dwarf slings are knowns to be little Houdinis :D

I rarely see my 2 S. raja, I can't even call them pet holes as there is no hole to see most of the time.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yea the S raja will find almost any way to escape. they are also turbo charged...LOL. Very pretty little spiders though so great choice.

Nunua

3 Year Member
yea the S raja will find almost any way to escape. they are also turbo charged...LOL. Very pretty little spiders though so great choice.
I'm prepared to stretch 10-15 denier pantyhose or something similar around the enclosure as a double barrier on the ventilation holes, hahaha :D

Latest posts