• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

On your marks...Get set...GO GO GO!

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Hey all what a day! I was just removing some dead cricket body parts from my C.Fasciatum's enclosure and it decided to run and I mean run....all the way up my arm over my chest and ended up on my back...I got a huge fright, not because the T ran up my arm (ok well maybe a little), but the thought of trying to get it back in it's enclosure safely.

Eventually it ended up on my arm and I was able to place it back into its enclosure...

Ahhh....the joys of keeping T's

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Heh, when I unpacked my CF sling she was in her shipping vial inside her new enclosure which was inside a big bowl...and she disappeared before my eyes! It took me 15 min to wrangle her back into her container. I about had a heart attack, as my hubby has threatened to fumigate the whole house if one ever escapes.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
hehe. when i bought my B. vagans sling (less than 1 cm) and was unpacking her/him. well, i opened the tiny vial. took off the paper and she/he ran so fast and disappeared. that time i thought, okay i lost her/him. because he was so small. i checked my arms, the floor and everything and i couldn't find him. then i checked my arm again and he was hiding undermy baller. :p took me about 15 mins to put him/her in his/her tiny container because he was so skittish. lol.

lanny

3 Year Member
Years ago when I first started with Ts I had an adult P. irmenia . I had it's enclose open for some reason or other + it ran up my arm + on to my back where I couldn't see It. The only other person at home was my sister in law. I went up to her + said I need you to do something for me, she said what some what hesitantly. I said I have a large spider on my back + I need for you to chase it around to my front so I can try to catch it. She did it but there a lot of things she would preferred doing. any how I managed to catch it without incedent + returned it to it's house.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
my B. boehmi has escaped. what a great morning surprise. someone entered my room and left the enclosure open. what the fck. sorry for the language. i hope it didn't go out of my room. the hunt is on.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
i couldn't find her. i moved all my stuff out of the room checked every possible hiding place. shoes under the bed, even inside my guitar amp. i couldn't find her. i checked my whole house. i can't find her. except my sister's and my aunt's room. because it's too far away and there's no chance it would get there. i'm guessing it went into the basement. which is a big mess. :(

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've lost a few Ts over the years. (one was gone for almost 2 years before I found her alive and well.) I never find them far from where they escaped. I usually lay a few paper towel tubes in the immediate are and check them daily. also check shoes amd clothes. good luck

Cobalt

3 Year Member
Years ago when I first started with Ts I had an adult P. irmenia . I had it's enclose open for some reason or other + it ran up my arm + on to my back where I couldn't see It. The only other person at home was my sister in law. I went up to her + said I need you to do something for me, she said what some what hesitantly. I said I have a large spider on my back + I need for you to chase it around to my front so I can try to catch it. She did it but there a lot of things she would preferred doing. any how I managed to catch it without incedent + returned it to it's house.

Your sister in law is tough! Whenever a T escapes in my house me and my dad have to use secret "codes" to ask eachother to
help out...the last time i used "tarantula" and "escape" in the same sentence i had my mom and my two sisters screaming and
crying and storming out of the house...haha

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When I lived at my parents they used to freak if a cricket escaped. My Mum put her shoe on once and there was a cricket in there she went mad. God knows what would have happened if a spider had got out, they would have probably splatted me then moved house.

Latest posts