• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Old Timer back on the forums.

TheVez2

3 Year Member
Hey TF! So glad to discover this forum. I thought all the forums were dead; lost to the great FaceBook migration. Very happy that something other than AB still exists. Thanks for having me!

I'm KJ and have been in the hobby for about 17 years. I currently have about 55 tarantulas. I just moved into a new house and am setting up a new area for my Ts, pic below. My favorite genus is Aphonopelma, with chalcodes being my favorite T from day 1 and still my favorite.

Some of you may know me from other forums. My username has always been the same. I was recently going through all of the forums I was part of, that no longer exist, and I was quite shocked. Anybody remember these?

American Tarantula Society - Still up, but no traffic
TarantulasUS - Still up, has some traffic
Tarantulas.com - my first forum (I think)
Arachnofreaks - Really miss this one
Tarantula Forums - Note the 's', different from this forum.
Insect Hobbyist
Arachniverse
Venomlist
Spidertalk
Arboreal Tarantulas
The British Tarantula Society - still up but no traffic
The Australian Tarantula Association
The T Store
Giant Spiders
8 legs
The Green Scorpion
Australian Inverts

I'm sure there were others, that's just what I could come up with.

Anyways, looking forward to being part of a forum again, and not having to rely on FB for interaction with fellow hobbyists.

23843510_10210713535889994_6501387894829757175_n.jpg

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi KJ, welcome :). It's always good to have experienced keepers join us.

TheVez2

3 Year Member
Hi KJ, welcome.

Thanks. I never left the hobby, but really missed being on a forum talking to folks about them. I've been hit or miss over the last 5 years. My forum time has been spent on another hobby. I really wish I had known about TF when it started up. But glad to be here now!

Latest posts