• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Odd behavior

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just noticed Velma had her water cup in her hide. It is a small plastic soda bottle top. She was sitting over it in the hide like it was a prey item. She was not drinking from it, just hovering over it. The humidity in the KK is about 65%.

Any idea what she's doing?

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just noticed Velma had her water cup in her hide. It is a small plastic soda bottle top. She was sitting over it in the hide like it was a prey item. She was not drinking from it, just hovering over it. The humidity in the KK is about 65%.

Any idea what she's doing?
Probably just rearranging her furniture and getting used to things. One of my chromatus is obsessed with his water bowl and hides underneath it, tips it over and drags it around all the time, he is funny but I worry he will get dehydrated

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's currently eating a cricket. When she settles down I will retrieve it. I made the mistake of putting in the cricket thinking to distract her but then realized when she lunged at my hand pudgy wiggly bits look like food to a T... o_O

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes they can make mistakes out of greediness. My chromatus is a funny little thing but it probably won't be too long until they move into bigger homes and I can give them bigger water bowls.

Latest posts