• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

October

Allthingsterrarium

3 Year Member
Hello everybody! I finally have a picture of October, my male Mexican fireleg to show you all. Does he look healthy? Just making sure. He's has about a 3 inch leg span and is currently living in a critter keeper because just a little too small to go into his main habitat yet. I've had him for a couple months now. As you can see he really loves to halfway cling to the side. He can be pretty silly.

Attachments

• October.jpg
    October.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 36

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You think he'll molt soon? Looks like he's got a few bald spots and he doesn't kick much. I sure hope he does. I would like to get him into his main habitat before winter :)
Thats a hard question to answer. There are good indications, like a darkening bald spot, lack of eating, and being grumpier than usual. But no definite way of know when exactly he'll molt.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have also seen at our LPS a decent priced and decent size fireleg, may be it can be candidate for my 2nd T! :D;):T:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have also seen at our LPS a decent priced and decent size fireleg, may be it can be candidate for my 2nd T! :D;):T:

Do it! I have a B. Boehmei juvenile male and he's always out and about doing something like digging, dragging plants around. He used to be very skittish as a sling and would hide for months, but he seems to be gaining confidence with size. The other day he had as usual filled his water bowl with substrate and when I cleaned it out with the tweezers he was grabbing them trying to pull them close (he wasn't biting at them, just investigating whether it was food, lol).
RBGdBty.jpg

Allthingsterrarium

3 Year Member
Do it! I have a B. Boehmei juvenile male and he's always out and about doing something like digging, dragging plants around. He used to be very skittish as a sling and would hide for months, but he seems to be gaining confidence with size. The other day he had as usual filled his water bowl with substrate and when I cleaned it out with the tweezers he was grabbing them trying to pull them close (he wasn't biting at them, just investigating whether it was food, lol).
RBGdBty.jpg
RBGdBty.jpg

I love him! He sounds like quite a character too :) October usually somewhere between lazy and skittish.

Latest posts