• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OBT sling arrived well & unafraid

Chingz

3 Year Member
The sling is here. It was kept inside the box since Fri night - Sun night...
There was a HUGE demonstration in my capital last Friday so all kind of shipping was delayed.
I already went home (speedily, it was a racist demo, quite scaarrrry) so I cannot open my box.
I was worried it will make the sling dizzy and uncomfortable.
Well....
Its not.
It webbed the shipping tube & wet paper towel.
When I put the wet paper towel inside the enclosure, it didnt want to leave.
I gently shake, tap, prod, nothing happened till it decide it want to move..
it climbed the enclo's wall.
I think it didnt get the memo that usually sling will dug and burrow. Nope.
It stayed up there for 10 minutes before it decide it was boring there and went down to explore the peat...
Got baby mada roach for food.
Will throw away later. LOL.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20161106_221403.jpg
    CYMERA_20161106_221403.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 27

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
T

Thaankyouuu.. I am also glad its OK after being in a wet paper towel for more than 3 days. Lols
Congrats. Just an idea, but with slings, I usually put the opened vial in it's new enclosure and let it crawl out on its own. That way it's less stressed and there's no chance of hurting it if prodded or the tissue is pulled at.

Chingz

3 Year Member
Congrats. Just an idea, but with slings, I usually put the opened vial in it's new enclosure and let it crawl out on its own. That way it's less stressed and there's no chance of hurting it if prodded or the tissue is pulled at.

I am afraid it will run away thats why I want it to leave the paper towel as soon as possible..
May be thats why its a little bit confused inside the enclosure.

Chingz

3 Year Member
Question: why the front legs was a little bit bigger and thicker than the hindlegs??

Attachments

• CYMERA_20161106_222549.jpg
    CYMERA_20161106_222549.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 19

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine don't really burrow, they just seem to make walls/tunnels of web and then cover them with substrate and bits of old moults.
Mine too :) But if given deep sub and nothing to web to, they burrow like all baboons. I've always liked experimenting. Last time I rehoused my C marshali, I gave her two inches of sub. Now she has the whole surface covered in thick web, with only a small mound she sometimes hides behind. Before that she had 6-7 inches of sub and tunnels everwhere, and very little web except for reinforcing them. Thats why I rehoused her..I never even saw legs..

Chingz

3 Year Member
I changed the cocopeat because it stays up there for 2 weeks...
Put 2 hard plastic straws to climb if it want to.
It dug itself a burrow. Right beside the plastic enclo. Nice. At leasumt I can see it.
I fed it a small mealworm and it seemz my OBT is a little bit fat. Hahaha..

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    536.5 KB · Views: 12

Chingz

3 Year Member
Hello again.
After few weeks, my OBT sling decided to holed up for no apparent reason.
Last thursday I gave it a small mealworm. Now it was already looking for a grub again.
I decided to measure it since it was spread out nicely (4CM diagonally).
I will rehouse it after it's next molt (I know it molted once, I had one of its leftover leg)..
Hopefully after Christmas holiday.
*throws a mealworm*
Well, this is a terrestrial spidey with arboreal taste. Just look at those legs..
Really, this leggy blonde, nobody can resist.
Thanks for reading my rambling. Lolz

Attachments

• DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 12

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Chingz OBTs have reputation for keeping most of their moult in the burrow, they seem to like decorating the inside and sometimes the outsides of their homes by hanging bits in the web. My big lass only throws out the bits she doesn't use a few months after her moult, I never get a whole exo from her.

Chingz

3 Year Member
@Chingz OBTs have reputation for keeping most of their moult in the burrow, they seem to like decorating the inside and sometimes the outsides of their homes by hanging bits in the web. My big lass only throws out the bits she doesn't use a few months after her moult, I never get a whole exo from her.
Thaaaankyouuuu.. That explains a lot. I wonder why I only got a leg. I dont even know it had molted if the leg wasnt dangling outside tge top of tunnel.
I know the size was slightly bigger.
But no evidence = hoax. Lolz.
(-____-)

Latest posts