• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Obt rehouse

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG
This is the OBT's new home. Keeping it simple
IMG_3896.JPG

This is how im going about it. I'll let it move on its own time.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You coward, although it is the safest option.
I would have given it more height and a little less substrate, they are semi-arboreal. I had mine in an arboreal ExoTerra and she used the full height (18") to build her home.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You coward, although it is the safest option.
I would have given it more height and a little less substrate, they are semi-arboreal. I had mine in an arboreal ExoTerra and she used the full height (18") to build her home.
I had to handle fighting a bumba cabocla for a hour in to a shipping container and almst gettimg tagged by a gigas . So ill pass taking s risk. I also have a neurological condition so im not trying to see what happens wih that and obt venom;) that may be the case with yours . Mine always stays on under ground even when give an opportunity to be arboral

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had to handle fighting a bumba cabocla for a hour in to a shipping container and almst gettimg tagged by a gigas . So ill pass taking s risk. I also have a neurological condition so im not trying to see what happens wih that and obt venom;) that may be the case with yours . Mine always stays on under ground even when give an opportunity to be arboral

I was only teasing :). I never took risks with my girl having read what a bite from one can do.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Krush: that's the way I would do it. I think you are smart. OBTs are awesome, but unpredictable......just ask Shampain.
You know what is amazing? I read that poor kids in Angola will hunt these as a food source. Apparently, they get bit by them all the time.
Thank god I don't live in Angola.:)

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Krush: that's the way I would do it. I think you are smart. OBTs are awesome, but unpredictable......just ask Shampain.
You know what is amazing? I read that poor kids in Angola will hunt these as a food source. Apparently, they get bit by them all the time.
Yeah I didnt want to bring that up. I wasnt sure if he said anything and didnt want to call him out if that was the case

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I dont even eat meat so my T as no worries on that. They also will at H.gigas in Cameron. They are hard to find because of the from what I read. That's why you can only really find hobby form H.gigas(Hysterocrates gigas) but out friends in the uk will probably have a easier time finding them before us in the states.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My L Klugi also gravitated towards the skull I put in almost immediately after I unboxed her. When I moved her into a slightly smaller enclosure, she burrowed a few days later, right under the skull.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well my little one arrived 2 weeks ago and made a bid for freedom on rehousing but no threat pose. It has built itself a web cave between the cork bark and the vial side so I can just see it. It's around 1/2" and black with an orange butt.

Latest posts