1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OBT Molt

Discussion in 'General Tarantula Discussion' started by Mad cat lady, May 20, 2013.

1. Mad cat lady

Mad cat lady Active Member

I got Orangina in Feb and it looks like she's molted, i found her on her back, inside her log looking very limp, this morning so i assume that's her skin. There's no sign of her though so i guess she's hiding in one of her little burrows, just hoping she's molted ok :confused: How long do you think she'll stay in hiding for?
  2. spiderengineer

spiderengineer Active Member

depends on how big and how safe she feels in her tank. usually the bigger the T the longer they take to harden up. adult usually taking a couple of week, while sling need only a few days.
  3. Mad cat lady

Silly me, that wasn't her skin, it was her! I hadn't seen one actually molting before! It took about 4 hours and i watched the whole process which was interesting! She's a few months old and about 7cm, including legs, pic of her skin attached

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      File size:
      5.1 MB
      Views:
    laura916 likes this.
  4. laura916

laura916 Active Member

Congratulations on a successful molt, looking forward to seeing the "new" her.
    Mad cat lady and Bast like this.
  5. Mad cat lady

She looks lovely, but has gone in to hiding, probably a bit fragile!
    laura916 and Bast like this.