• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OBT Molt

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
I got Orangina in Feb and it looks like she's molted, i found her on her back, inside her log looking very limp, this morning so i assume that's her skin. There's no sign of her though so i guess she's hiding in one of her little burrows, just hoping she's molted ok :confused: How long do you think she'll stay in hiding for?

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
depends on how big and how safe she feels in her tank. usually the bigger the T the longer they take to harden up. adult usually taking a couple of week, while sling need only a few days.

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
depends on how big and how safe she feels in her tank. usually the bigger the T the longer they take to harden up. adult usually taking a couple of week, while sling need only a few days.
Silly me, that wasn't her skin, it was her! I hadn't seen one actually molting before! It took about 4 hours and i watched the whole process which was interesting! She's a few months old and about 7cm, including legs, pic of her skin attached

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 19

Latest posts