• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nunua's very first 8-legged kiddo, A. geniculata

Nunua

3 Year Member
Here is my very first T, a sympathetic A. geniculata kid called Maisa (a Finnish name, apparently there is also a Brazilian singer called Maisa). Why Maisa? Because my mom told me so :D I bought her (well, it's supposed to be her, but she's from a pet store so I'm not completely sure) #edit: sex checked here on the forums and took her at my parents' house as I was visiting them - Mom is relatively afraid of Ts and just started to call her Maisa. "It's easier for me to handle the situation when she has a name...". So well, yes. Maisa she is, haha!

She was such a great kid today. She had to tolerate 1,5 hour drive from my parents' place to mine, and then rehousing. She didn't sprint, she didn't turn to bite the paper towel I had in my tongs. She kicked some hair like saying "Eff you human... I just want to be. I was in that horrible, shaking box for a long time..." and the she calmly walked into the new enclosure.

Here are some photos of my little girl :p Don't want to stress her out too much for now.

Also, please let me know if there is something wrong in her enclosure. I know it's a tad tall, but I'll try to keep an eye on her to see if I need to do something to lower the roof. I put marbles into her dish because it is a bit deep #Edit: removed ^^

ad57a5c976.png

c4c3c99111.png

c0cdcb2e1a.png

72d216e48b.png

9deeef8999.png

Last edited:

Nunua

3 Year Member
Thanks guys! I, too, think she's gorgeous little girl and I'm very happy I decided to take her with me, even though I was planning to get Brachypelma as my first T (mostly because of a commonly docile nature).

8f5eacf3df.png

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are amazing, might even be something from that genus in the future for myself. You don't need marbles in the dish, second that.

An animal that can walk up one wall, across the lid upside down and down the other wall will not get stuck in a water dish.

In fact, they might even attack the water dish when you fill it.

These guys aren't aggressive. They legitimately think everything is food. -- no unnecessary handling !! Feeding time is always spectacular.