• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

not to much going on

Logan D

3 Year Member
whats happening everyone not to much traffic or stuff happening through out the forum whats up everyone any exciting t news

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's odd how we seem to have these quite spell, I've often wondered why.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, I've been around most of the day and it has been very active.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've been waiting for my inverts and lizards to wake up. The lizards are eating so I guess the tarantulas will start to liven up soon. Most hadn't been fed for a couple of months and still aren't interested. While I was waiting I've started keeping ants, they're in the bedroom where its a pretty steady temp, 19c most of the time. Where the inverts are in the loungeroom averages around 15c but drops below that some mornings so they're brumating basically.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've been waiting for my inverts and lizards to wake up. The lizards are eating so I guess the tarantulas will start to liven up soon. Most hadn't been fed for a couple of months and still aren't interested. While I was waiting I've started keeping ants, they're in the bedroom where its a pretty steady temp, 19c most of the time. Where the inverts are in the loungeroom averages around 15c but drops below that some mornings so they're brumating basically.
I've thought about keeping ants quite a few times..I may get some. I bet they're interesting to watch.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is interesting really, you have no idea what they're really like until you tune into their scale, very few are just the plain black or brown that you see as a casual observer. It's added yet another dimension to bush walking, at first you don't see any ants but when your eyes 'tune in' you find 3 or 4 species at your feet.
med_gallery_3324_1329_315685.jpg
med_gallery_3324_1329_372329.jpg

These are two of my favourites atm, both the same species because when I got the first colony I liked them so much I ordered the same again. I also bought two of their smaller relatives, one species with caramel and coffee tones and another black with gold "bums". They all came as a queen with 5 or 6 workers and eggs/larvae.
I also found a small colony of 20 metallic ants under a flat rock near my daughters house and collected them successfully I hope. I see them for sale for $70 and $120 without workers, I collected about 20 workers and the Queen.

Last edited:

Latest posts