• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not quite ready for a Six Eyed Sand Spider?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you aren't, that's okay. Take a look at this native U.S. species. Homalonychus sp. or the American Sand Assassin spider. Similar care and behavior but much less lethal venom. Another plus is that this species stays above the sand versus below. Enjoy :)

IMG_0421_zps64zxcclo.jpg

IMG_0422_zpsyqgwgqan.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well @Denny Dee u have one and the venom has not been tested on humans yet....sooooo.......what do u think? wanna do it in the name if science! lol

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Was actually thinking the same thing Entity o_O. Looking into this now but I am confident that I have a source somewhere that has this answer to the venom potency and the answer is that the venom is no where near that of the Sicarious. Will circle back.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Was actually thinking the same thing Entity o_O. Looking into this now but I am confident that I have a source somewhere that has this answer to the venom potency and the answer is that the venom is no where near that of the Sicarious. Will circle back.
well if u decide to do it u crazy son of a.....i wanna see a vid.