• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Normal behaviour?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, it's perfectly normal. All 3 of mine did exactly the same thing when they were small but once they get to 3-4cm they start to spend more time above ground. Now my 2 largest (one is almost 5cm the other around 4cm) spend all of their time on the surface although the smaller one still bolts for cover.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You'll probably find that it will burrow right to the bottom and build lots of tunnels. Mine used to end up scurrying around on the bottom where I could see the through the sides of the container, very busy little Ts and totally adorable.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a 3 inch young juvie female that won't use a hide, wont burrow, and will completely ignore me most of the time. Spider Royalty..she's a very good eater too, but I've heard a lot of albopilosums are great eaters.

JC1

3 Year Member
Thanks!
You'll probably find that it will burrow right to the bottom and build lots of tunnels. Mine used to end up scurrying around on the bottom where I could see the through the sides of the container, very busy little Ts and totally adorable.
thats exactly what mine are doing! thank you so much for all your help! Its really great to know that there are people out there willing to help. Its fantastic. It makes the hobby a lot more fun!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks!
thats exactly what mine are doing! thank you so much for all your help! Its really great to know that there are people out there willing to help. Its fantastic. It makes the hobby a lot more fun!
Have to agree with you, I wanted to keep T's forever,
finally found this place and felt as if there was some hope, it was just the bump I needed.
Best forum ever and the nicest people!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Its really great to know that there are people out there willing to help. Its fantastic. It makes the hobby a lot more fun!

I've learnt a heck of a lot since finding this site but I know I've still got a lot to learn.

Latest posts