• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Normal Behavior?

TheSuperSoaker

3 Year Member
Well I have an 3in cobalt blue. 12in of substrate, heat pad, plants, all the works in her enclosure. She use to eat every chance she got but its been a few days since I fed her anf threw her a cricket last night and she completely ignored it. So I tried again this morning and same thing completely ignored it. So I touched her with a paint brush and normally she's right on it ready to attack but shes just been docile and not being bothered by it. Just weird if you ask me. Thoughts?

torstrum

3 Year Member
somtimes they don't eat the cricket right away, I'd take it out after a day, give her 5-7 days and try again. If she's getting ready to molt you(MAY) notice some lightening/dulling of her color. Being lazy/docile is a general sign of premolt. you don't want to overfeed her in general, but ESPECIALLY approaching a molt. If her abdomen is too big it can cause problems in the molt that could potentially be fatal